- real time
- A real-time stock or bond quote is one that states a security's most recent offer to sell or bid ( buy). Different from a delayed quote, which shows the same bid and ask prices 15 minutes and sometimes 20 minutes after a trade takes place. Bloomberg Financial Dictionary
* * *real-time ˈreal-time adjectiveCOMPUTING a real-time computer system deals with information as fast as it receives it, so that it can produce information about changes as soon as they happen:
• The company supplies real-time financial information.— real time noun [uncountable] :
• Airline booking systems need to work in real time.
* * *real time UK US noun [U]► IT, INTERNET the very short amount of time needed for computer systems to receive data and information and then communicate it or make it available: »
NYSE OpenBook™ is a product that allows users to access market data in real time.
Financial and business terms. 2012.
Look at other dictionaries:
Real Time — Real|time, die; , Real Time, die; [ ri:əlta̮im , ta̮im; engl. real time = Echtzeit, aus: real = wirklich, real u. time = Zeit] (EDV): für die sofortige u. unmittelbare Verarbeitung der Daten tatsächlich benötigte Zeit einer elektronischen… … Universal-Lexikon
real-time — adj [only before noun] technical a real time computer system deals with information as fast as it receives it ▪ a real time operating system >real time n [U] ▪ The images are created in real time … Dictionary of contemporary English
real time — real ,time noun uncount if a computer deals with information in real time, it deals with the information as soon as it receives it ╾ real ,time adjective: real time processing … Usage of the words and phrases in modern English
Real Time — [ riəl taim] die; , auch Real|time die; <aus engl. real time, eigtl. »Echtzeit«> die wirklich benötigte Zeit eines ↑Computers, bis er eine ↑Operation abgeschlossen hat (EDV) … Das große Fremdwörterbuch
real time — ☆ real time n. time in which the occurrence of an event and the reporting or recording of it are almost simultaneous … English World dictionary
real-time — ☆ real time [rēl′tīm′ ] adj. of or pertaining to a mode of computer operation in which the computer collects data, computes with it, and uses the results to control a process as it happens … English World dictionary
real time — noun 1. the actual time that it takes a process to occur information is updated in real time • Hypernyms: ↑time period, ↑period of time, ↑period 2. (computer science) the time it takes for a process under computer control to occur • Topics … Useful english dictionary
real-time — A real time stock or bond quote is one that states a security s most recent offer to sell or bid ( buy). Different from a delayed quote, which shows the same bid and ask prices 15 minutes and sometimes 20 minutes after a trade takes place.… … Financial and business terms
Real time — A real time stock or bond quote is one that states a security s most recent offer to sell or bid ( buy). A delayed quote shows the same bid and ask prices 15 minutes and sometimes 20 minutes after a trade takes place. The New York Times Financial … Financial and business terms
real-time — adjective of or relating to computer systems that update information at the same rate they receive information • Pertains to noun: ↑real time • Topics: ↑computer science, ↑computing * * * adjective see real time * * * /ree euhl tuym … Useful english dictionary